Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blurred Runner


The story behind this picture is less about why I took it and more about the finished product. The girls were walking, and as I snapped the picture the girl on the left began to run. After I uploaded the image to the PC and saw that the runner was blurred, I was set to delete it, but I never delete a picture on a whim. A few days later, I was showing the pictures that I had taken that day to my brother, and when he saw this one, he said they looked like a couple worn soldiers walking or running from a battle scene. It took me a minute to see it and agree, but I turned the photo black and white to give it a more serene feel and the finished product is pleasing. With one girl running and the other carrying her shoes as if she's completely worn out, he may have been right. The more I look at this one, the more I think he is. I decided to keep the picture even though parts of the subject is blurred. I think it adds to the character of this photo; at least it does in black and white. In color, I don't think the picture is as good of a finished photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment