Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Monday, May 31, 2010

Smiley Face Balloon


The infield at Indianapolis Motor Speedway was filled to capacity this past Sunday for the 500, and I was scanning the crowd from my seat looking for anything interesting to photograph. With all the people it would only be a matter of time before an opportunity was presented. As I scanned, I found this balloon turning in the breeze, and I waited for the moment it turned to smile at me. I think the balloon's expression could pretty much sum up the atmosphere around the track. The race was a fantastic experience; despite the heat. At some point in the race, it was announced that the 2010 Indianapolis 500 would go down in history as the hottest race day in history. The canopy city built by the fans provided a colorful backdrop.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment