Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father of the Bride Dance


Weddings are full of very special moments, and as a father I think that the father/daughter dance, is what I am looking forward to the most. My oldest daughter is 10, so when I get to dance with her at her wedding in about 20 years it will be one of the best moments of my life.

From a photography standpoint, weddings present their own challenges in getting the perfect shots. Receptions tend to be dark, so a flash must be used to capture the memories. When shooting with a flash you can easily get sharp unpleasing shadows, and very bright, almost washout out points in the photo. Of course, white dresses and flash can be a huge problem. A balance of light and shadow is required to not make the dress look like a big white nothing in the middle of the photograph. This picture has pretty good light; you can see the father's black suit, but I didn't wash the beautiful wedding dress out. This is one of my favorite pictures from this wedding.

Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment