Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Experimenting



This is some photos that I shot while experimenting with reflectors and natural light. Here's the setup. I placed her in a shaded area just after dinner hour, so the sun was low in the sky. I had a helper hold a 42 inch gold reflector behind her and bounce the sun toward her. Then I leaned a white bounce card against my leg in the line of the reflected sunlight. The bounce card helped illuminate her face. It's much easier when you have a helper to hold a reflector, it is difficult when your doing a shoot alone to position the rear reflector and have it stay put. Especially in Indiana where it seems to be windy all the time. Had a lot of fun with these shots, and I like the final results.

No comments:

Post a Comment