Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Night Visitor

I thought the title would capture your attention. It may have worked. :)

This little guy stopped in to see my wife and I the other night while we were out on our deck visiting with our neighbor. I had spent some time earlier in the day looking for bugs in the yard to photograph with no success. I was able to find a bunch of tiny spiders and ants, but the spiders were nearly translucent and not that interesting; ants just don't stay still long enough to photograph. This walking leaf, I think it's called, seemed to pose for me as I got very close to it for these photos. I think these are really neat insects, and I was happy he stayed long enough to capture these shots. It was night time, and I had lent out my speedlight, so I used my onboard flash, set my ISO to 200, shot it aperture priority mode with my aperture varying between 7.1-5.6 for a nice bokeh.


No comments:

Post a Comment