Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stone Quarry


I have known about this stone quarry in Fort Wayne for at least 10 years, and have always wanted to take a look. One Saturday morning I decided to take my daughter out to take some photos. I gave her my backup camera and we headed out. This was our first stop. They built an observation tower that is surrounded, top to bottom, with chain link fence. We had to get right up close and take photos through the links. While we were there, 6 old biker guys and gals rolled up on their Harley Davidsons; as soon as they got up to the tower, it was "f this" and "f that". One of the women noticed my 10 year old daughter and reminded the guys to watch their language. Of course the men forgot that we were there within 20 seconds, or so. We didn't stay much longer.

This picture is of a piece of land that pushes out into the quarry, and had by far the most color. The green, yellow and rust colors showed up very vividly in the photo. The tree in the foreground almost disappears into nature's backdrop. My daughter saw a bird that she was able to capture soring over the giant hole; maybe I'll post that picture sometime. Hopefully, we'll be able to visit this spot again; maybe it will be at most PG-13.

As always, thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment