Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Road Signs


Ever wonder what happens to old road signs? I didn't, but in Meadville, PA, they have it figured out. The picture you see is some really cool landscaping with vegetation made completely of old road signs. Look close! This isn't the only place you'll see this outstanding use of twisted metal; for about 1/2 mile leading to this intersection there is a fence made of the same materials. Not only does it look cool, but it's good use of old signs.

I shot this scene out the window of a car going about 40mph. We were hoping for a red light, I know, the first time I have ever hoped for a light to be red, and it stayed green. At that speed there isn't much time to get the best composition or settings in the camera, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment