Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Monument at Circle Center


So I am in Indianapolis this weekend, and I don't think I could leave without taking a picture of the monument at Circle Center. Most people in Indiana don't know that Fort Wayne was supposed to be the state capital, but the people wanted it to be somewhere more geographically center of the state. It was because of this that Indianapolis was built to be the state capital. Most cities are built near rivers or major seaports, but not Indianapolis. It's only reason for existing is because of it geographical location within the state in Indiana.

Anyway, I snapped this shot from the top of the parking garage at the Hilton. It was cloudy, but I think the picture turned out great. I cropped it narrow because I couldn't escape having the side of the parking garage in the shot without cutting off either the top or bottom of the monument. The side of parking garage was covered in lots of birds' business.

No comments:

Post a Comment