Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Waiting Bride


I followed this bride around almost all day, from the time she was getting her hair done, to the ceremony, and of course to the reception. As she waited for a drink I saw an opportunity to compose an image in which she was finally starting to relax. Think about having a camera near you all day, you are the bride, all the attention is on you. Here she had a chance to break away from the guests and well-wishers to quench her thirst that had probably been building for hours. I chose to do this in black and white to give it a calm soothing feel. The picture is a little grainy due to the dark nature of the room and a high ISO setting in the camera. I was using a flash, but was quite far from the bride, so the flash had no effect. I don't think the graininess negatively affects the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment