Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Father and Son


Once in a while, you capture a perfect image; perfect in that the composition, lighting and model's expression are all in tune. This photo is one of those photos. It is common to see a photo of a baby and mommy together, but photos of baby and daddy are a little more rare. Capturing one where all three things, previously listed, are harmonious is a challenge. I posted this photo on a photography community blog, photo.net. There, hundreds of thousands users can critique and rate your photos. The users are predominately professional photographers, and their work is amazing. I look at most of their work, and can only hope to achieve their levels. This photo received high enough ratings that you can find it in the photo.net gallery. Photos have to rate higher than 5 out of 7 in both categories rated to be in that gallery. Today photo.net shared this photo on their facebook page for their fans to see. Thank you photo.net users for allowing my photo to be looked at on the same level as yours. I am proud of this image, and I appreciate the recognition for my work.

Those of you who know me know that I am not conceited about my photographs, as it sounds here. I know that I can improve, but it's nice to know that I am heading in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite picture. This is a perfect moment captured beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan, this is one of my favorites too. I think I would put this one on the front cover of my portfolio, if I had a physical one. It is on the landing page of my website.

    Thanks for looking, and for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete