Christopher M. Photography

The Stories Behind the Photographs

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Press



Last month I got to tour a factory that makes tools. What you are looking at is a large press that is changing the shape of the molten steel rod into a rough tool. The colors are particularly interesting considering the only real light source in the area was the red hot steel rod. You can see the paint peeling off the machine, and the bright oranges, reds, and greens. I was trying to get the press in action because every time it would strike the soon-to-be tool it would throw sparks, which I thought were really cool. What I ended up with was this colorful image of an industrial press, that you wouldn't think of as this vivid and colorful.

In addition, this image is outside of the normal pictures of "things". It was a great tour, and I got several impressive shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment